The rules are:
1. Post the rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You have to legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random things about me (this was actually a bit hard because I already say so many random things about myself on this blog)
1. I have a bit of a foul mouth- A bit of a sailor’s wife I am.
2. I have a huge collection of stuffed animals that keeps growing: dinosaurs, dolphin/whale, penguin, bears, bunnies, mice, spiders bats. I’m also branching out to make my own spiders and bats. I treat all of them, as if they have their own personalities, I’m also 22 years old.
3. I have an obsession with zombies, and like to dress zombie-chic.
4. I hoard things. Not badly like those people on that show, but I find it hard letting go of material things- probably because my childhood and teenage years were so chaotic (not like my adult life has been any less chaotic), I felt the need to hold onto everything.
5. I hold grudges.
6. I have a Bearded Dragon- his name is Xorne.
7. I’ve watched all 8 seasons of Charmed so much that I know many of the words.
8. I started getting into cartomancy in my early childhood when I was around 8, I predicted the death of my first dog Sasha, a beautiful Doberman, using playing cards.
9. I only started keeping a book of shadows journal in 2008, I’ve been practicing the craft since end of 2000. I kept binders instead, but decided I didn’t like them anymore. I’m now on my 10th journal/book of shadows.
10. I have three dictionaries and one thesaurus, one can never be too wordy… Or too right in a game of scrabble.
11. I don’t take photographs of me partying, having a good time, or things like that, I’d rather experience them fully than through the lens of a camera.
Questions from Earthmother:
1. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever came across?
On Sunday my boyfriend and I went to visit the local cemetery, and some of the tombstones were holding wet clothes, as they were being hung to dry. I think some homeless people live there. I was quite perturbed by this.
2. What makes you stand out from most other people that you associate with?
I’m goth 😛 lol, Nothing in particular, I watch a lot of movies like my boyfriend, I read a lot of books like my friends, I create art like many of my friends, I write poetry like many people I know, I’m into the occult like other people I hang out with, I’m obsessed with music like my boyfriend, I’m a feminist, like almost everyone I know. I’m a vegetarian, but some of my varsity pals are also. I believe what makes me stand out, is the unique combination of all these things and more. We all feel the need to be so individual that we forget that we are all connected, and that we actually share some common interests with many people. The only thing that is mostly different about me, is the way in which I express myself, as I’m a goth, and the goth subculture is not shared in its entirety with anyone I know.
3. What is your most favorite belonging?
I don’t have a most favourite belonging, many of my belongings are precious to me, for some reason or another, almost all of them hold sentimental value.
4. What would be the greatest advice you want to leave for others after you pass on?
Don’t survive, live. Don’t hold the tears back, don’t hold the laughter back, don’t ever hide your love, live.
5. What do you stand up for? What will you argue about? What drives you crazy? What annoys you and what do you usually do about it?
I stand up for LGBT rights, women’s rights, children’s rights, animal rights, religious freedom.I will argue about all of these things. I also argue about movies, books and music.
What drives me crazy? I’m already there lol. On a more serious note, people do, people piss me off, more than anything else in the world. PEOPLE, Human beings, fools with an ego and two legs.
A lot of things annoy me, I usually communicate my annoyance with the appropriate person, shop manager, boyfriend, idiot in the street, dog, laptop etc. If that does nothing but further my annoyance I either yell expletives at the nearest inanimate object or do something that will release said annoyance i.e scrubbing floors etc
6. In what directions are you encouraging today’s youth?
To be more aware, spiritually, sexually, physically, learnedly. Youth often piss me off because of the crass ignorance in all things. I find it shocking that sex education and environmental education are not taken seriously in many schools, which means I have to explain to people how menstruation works, how easy it is to get pregnant and that yes, animals can actually feel pain.
7. What have you tried to change about yourself?
My temper, to no avail though.
8. What do you think will be different in your life 10 years from now?
I will be 32.
9. What are you currently exploring/learning about?
I’m learning about Egyptian practices, a more in depth look at Tarot, the Victorian era, sewing.
10. What are you doing for yourself?
I’m taking more time for myself to enjoy things.
11. How do you encourage yourself?
By telling myself that things will always work out, even if things seem overwhelming now, there is a hope.
11 Questions from Nightshade of thepurplebroom.
1. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a child?
2. What do you do to unwind at the end of a hard, day or week?
3. Have you had a really trying experience in your life, one where your tower crashed, such an unexpected and hard change? How did you push yourself through it? How did you feel when life settled again? Are you going through it right now?
4. Do you have any obsessions?
5. What was the best advice you’ve ever received and from whom?
6. How have you changed in the last 6 months- year?
7. What do you look forward to everyday upon rising?
8. Who/What do you draw your biggest inspirations from?
9. What book, or fictional character do you relate to and why?
10. What is your favourite meal? What was your favourite meal as a child?
11. Do you have any artistic skills? Acting, Painting, Drawing, Singing, Playing a musical instrument? What drew you to that? If you don’t what are you really good at and what drew you to that?
I have tagged
4. Green Mama
5. Kerry Cooks
6. A Pagan Path
7. Back to Busk
This is not an attempt to spam anyone. You don’t have to participate, look at it as a blogging opportunity!
All blog content is Copyright © 2012 of Nightshade thepurplebroom.wordpress.com unless otherwise stated