This is an Autumn Recipe that can be used as part of the Dumb supper for Samhain. It is also a vegetarian recipe, so enjoy!
1 kg pumpkin- cooked and mashed or puree
2 finely chopped onions
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups milk
700 ml veg stock (1 cube in hot water, I used water I cooked pumpkin in)
4 Tablespoons butter
- Put butter in large pot and heat until melted, add in onion and cook until onion turns colour.
- Add in the pumpkin and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock and milk.
- Take off pot and blend in a mixer
- Put back in pot
- Add in spices, the variation on how much of each spice is up to you
- Add salt and pepper to your tastes
- And Voila!
It was really delicious and I’ll definitely be making this throughout Autumn!
Variations and ideas:
- Add garlic to soup while cooking.
- Add cream instead of milk for more decadence.
- Make your own croutons.
- Use as a sauce for pasta.
- Use small/medium pumpkins as serving dishes
- Use Olive oil instead of Butter
All blog content is Copyright © 2012 of Nightshade thepurplebroom.wordpress.com