Today is Day 3 of Red and Black Week, and Victorian Kitty shows us a Fabulous little red dress.
This is a heart-shaped spider that would make a cute Valentines day gift or Yule gift!
Red and black felt
Spider leg templates
2 Buttons (main eyes)
6 Eye buttons
Glue (I used Gel glue)
Stuffing of some kind- I used rice and cottonwool.
- Cut out templates for a heart and some spider legs.
- Pin the templates onto the Felt, I used red felt for the heart and black felt for the legs. (The felt should be two pieces i.e two hearts, the same should be done with the legs, I used 4 different shapes/sizes)
- Cut them out.
- On one of the hearts sew on the buttons for two of the eyes
- Glue the matching leg pieces together so that you have 8 legs
- Start sewing the two hearts together adding on the legs while doing so
- When you get near the end, leave an opening and stuff the heart
- Finish sewing it up
- Glue on the eye-buttons
I will be making Yule Spiders for my 13 Days of Yule, so look out for that!
Don’t miss out everyone else’s fabulous posts during Red and Black Week, you can see all the other posters by clicking on the linky meme at the top. I will be posting some more things during Red and Black week as well, so don’t miss out on that!