Spiders are weavers of magic, and in the glistening frost of winter, the grass is littered with hundred of jewelled webs. It is truly a stunning sight to see! Usually one plods around in the grass, not thinking of the millions of tiny little creatures that have made it their home but during winter and early spring frosts it is impossible not to take careful steps so as not to destroy the once invisible webs.
Here are two of my Winter spiders, A red and green for a more traditional Yule feeling, and a Snowy White one!
Piping (Dark Green, and White)
Dark Red Felt
Buttons for eyes, or eye buttons.
Find a body shape that you would like and use it as a template, the legs will be made of piping so don’t worry about needing templates for legs. You can make smaller ones than what I’m making if you are using smaller piping!
Cut out template.
- Pin template onto felt.
- Cut out the felt (it should be double).
- Sew on eyes, alternatively you can stick them on afterward if you are using eye buttons, also keep in mind any other decoration that you might like to add on, whether it needs to be sewed or glued, if it needs to be sewed on do it during this step, if it needs to be glued leave it until the end.
- Start sewing the spider up, adding on and sewing on the legs as you go along, make sure they are stuffed in nice and tight.
- Sew it up and leave a bit of a gap, add stuffing, finish sewing up.
- Add on any further decoration and Voila:
You’ll gather that I use the same method all the time, it is fairly easy and once you know it, it is easy to come up with other ideas like cats, and other animals.
(This is the last catch up post for today, I’ll do more tomorrow! I’m absolutely exhausted!